Friday, August 25, 2006

Glory Days

Over the last two and a half years, I have become a lot closer with my batchmates then before. Since Class 9, I guess I have gotten to know my batchmates a lot better, and have hung out with them more.
Till Class 8, there was a whole lot of groupism existing. People used to stick to their own small groups, and didn't interact much with others. Although I was never a part of any group as such, I didn't really know the guys who weren't in my section. And it was not only me, most of the guys in my batch were much the same.
It all changed in Class 9. The classes were reshuffled, new people came in. We started clubs, fests, activities etc, and basically we were interacting a lot more amongst ourselves. The batch unity grew, and we got to know each other a lot better.
For example, I never really knew Preet Tyagi before Class 9-10. He was just another face in the crowd earlier. But with time, I got to know him and others, and today I consider Preet one of my good friends. Even others such as Saurav, Vedant, to a lesser extent Shah, Vishant, Kirk etc etc, I have gotten to know these people a lot better over the last 2 years.
The sad part of this is that I have only one and a half years more to enjoy the company of these guys, before my journey in LMB comes to a grinding halt. Yeah sure, there'll be get-togethers, meeting-ups etc, but the easy camaraderie that is there currently will be missing then. Currently life is at a high, and everything's fun and great - and it is seriously the time to live it up.
I know that I'll seriously miss these days. But till that time comes, I'll make sure that all the Impacts, practices, fests, club activities etc to come will be occasions to remember. These are truly, as Bruce Springsteen sings it,
"Glory Days,
They'll pass you by
Glory days"

2 Comments:

Blogger Vatsala said...

The Boss rules!!!!

3:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!

9:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home