Friday, August 04, 2006

64 Squares

After two more shows at Proscenium's Art Centre on August 5th & 6th, my first play with Theatrecian - 64 Squares - will end. It's received mixed reactions from the audiences that have seen the shows, first at Padatik and then at Proscenium. But for me, it's been an incredible experience just being part of it.
The play came about as a result of the Theatrecian workshop. The participants came up with different concepts and ideas which were blended into a general storyline, and voila! We had 64 Squares.
64 Squares was an experiment from the very first. We weren't sure how it would be received, and just the fact that we've had 3 shows so far is a favourable result for us.
For me personally, I loved it. It's been a chance for me to perform for an audience. Not just an audience comprised of my friends at LMB, but a much wider audience. I've also gotten to know people who, about a month and a half back, were total strangers. That's been the best part about it, and I'm glad that it's been favourably received by the people.
I hope it won't be long before my original play will be staged by Theatrecian.

2 Comments:

Blogger Vatsala said...

Do you know Zimmerman?I'd like to see that staged, and audition too..and ya...on blogosphere,kolkata circuit,you dont need to explain Zimmerman=Dylan, unless ofcourse you want some humor (all in good faith) pitted against you.

n neednt justify yourself

:P

welcome to blogosphere,kolkata circuit. for interestin blog links,visit www.oktoberblues.blogspot.com

vatsala

9:39 PM  
Blogger Vatsala said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

9:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home