Monday, October 29, 2007

The time has come for the holidays to come to an end...This period has been amazing in many ways, but I'm looking forward now to the time that is to come...the last phase of school life.
One and a half months of school are left now. As this period approaches...the last chapter of a long and eventful time in school opens.
The times, they truly are a-changin. Thus far, the protected, restricted atmosphere that has shielded my developing years have shown only glimpses of the bigger picture. As Pink Floyd spoke of The Wall...here too another Wall is being demolished. The wall that surrounds a school student. As can be seen with every barrier...it fails to completely shut off the outside. I've seen more of the outside than some others might have, and it's been a sobering experience for sure. The question that remains foremost on my mind now is "Where to?"...indeed, where does one go from here?
Whatever may happen...I'm glad for the journey I've had. It's been one hell of a ride.

1 Comments:

Blogger Reeti said...

Very beautiful post...I remember feel exactly like this during the last few days of school.Contemplative,speculative and a tad melancholy.And now,when I go back,I feel really sad,knowing that the walls of the very school that loved and nurtured me,has moved on..and is now nurturing others.A little jealousy is involved with the emotions,as well.But my advice to you-enjoy it while it last.Once you leave school,the melancholy will hit even harder:)

1:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home