Tuesday, October 16, 2007

The Durga Puja period is my favourite time of the year by far...this place takes on a whole new face during the festive season. Kolkata is best at this time of the year...and I wouldn't miss this for anything in the world.
The sheer frenzy and enthusiasm of the people during this time of the year is what makes the Pujas special...and as I've said before, during this phase, people seem to almost crawl out of the woodwork to take the streets.
Well, anyway...I've been trying to spend as much time with my friends as I can nowadays...somehow it still doesn't seem enough. Maybe I'm getting overtly sentimental approaching the end of school life, but I can't help it...these are the glory days.
On the subject of music, Mark Knopfler's new song "True Love Will Never Fade" and Santana Featuring Chad Kroeger's vocals on "Into The Night" is what I'm listening to most nowadays...although Dire Straits' "Romeo & Juliet" follows closely behind. You can adjudge from the songs what my current sentiments, so I don't need to bother explaining why.
I've got loads of plans for the coming 5 days of Durga Puja...will keep the blog updated with the events of Sashti, Saptami, Ashtami, Nabami and Dashami. Up until the goddess' immersion for her departure to Kailasa, I'll be revelling like a true Bong.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home