Monday, October 08, 2007

God Damn It, He Does It Again

Suddenly I turned around and she was standin' there/With silver bracelets on her wrists and flowers in her hair./She walked up to me so gracefully and took my crown of thorns./"Come in," she said,/"I'll give you shelter from the storm." (The first meeting)
Now there's a wall between us,/ somethin' there's been lost/I took too much for granted,/ got my signals crossed./Just to think that it all began on an uneventful morn."Come in," she said,/"I'll give you shelter from the storm."(Situation as it stands now)
And if I pass this way again,/ you can rest assured/I'll always do my best for her,/ on that I give my word/In a world of steel-eyed death, and men /who are fighting to be warm./"Come in," she said,/"I'll give you shelter from the storm."(How I feel at this point)
And there you have it...once again, as I have found soooo many times before...Dylan, without knowing me or hearing about me or having ever even bothered to know anything about an ordinary teenager and how he feels, manages to sum up my situation in a few lyrics of his song, this time around it's "Shelter From The Storm". How the hell does the man write words that seem to apply in my ordinary life every single time? It's way beyond me.
As to how the lyrics may fit...it may seem incomprehensible to you, but only I truly know how much they're relevant. I may seem to be speaking in riddles to you, and as soon as I get myself in order - which may not be anytime soon, I'll be able to explain things clearly. For now, only select friends and I know what exactly has happened.
Dylan is the master, undoubtedly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home