Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Of late, I've been in a phase I have experienced before, one which has brought a lot of misery to me in the past. I feel I'm drifting away from everyone else, and that I just can't identify with the rest of the people around me. It's not exactly loneliness, but then it's a horrible feeling. I just don't know why this happens sometimes.
There's nothing to justify me feeling this way. I have my friends, I haven't been isolated and I have not been anti-social in the least. Yet, I just feel I'm drifting away from people I know. I hardly ever spend time at home, but then again neither do I spend time with my friends. I don't like my situation but I can't do anything about it, either.
The last time I had a phase like this, I had turned to things which could have led to my ultimate ruin, although it's too early in life to use such a strong term. When I was last experiencing something of this sort, I was simply wasting away.
There's a feeling of near hopelessness that seems to be overcoming me nowadays. I don't know why, because anyone else would think my life's in perfect shape. Yet, I feel depressed and dissatisfied.
Sometimes I wonder why I'm like this.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

what do you mean when you say 'ultimate'...that it led to your 'ultimate' ruin...that is as if to say that your life didn't continue after that, that it was a termination of some sort, that can't be right, can it? am i interpreting this all wrong?

i like the blog name by the way,santos(that is your name, right?)

10:55 PM  
Blogger rhea said...

rot. you only feel cut off when you are different and refuse to recognise the obvious.

7:41 PM  
Blogger Soheni Arora said...

I'm 24. I went to one of the best schools in India, Then one of the best design schools in the world, I have my own company, I'm my own boss, My clients love me, My family adores me, I have zillions of friends, I party like a rock star, More boys are besotted with me than I can keep track of... My life is perfect, isn't it?

So why the hell am I so damn disconnected and detached from it all?

7:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home