Sunday, January 28, 2007

Thoughts

I am harshly realistic in my worldview, and this has been a result of my contemplative nature. It's not easy to be romantic when you find all around you no hope in the current plight. I've often wallowed in the bitter emotions which have been caused by my experiences. Many would think that my life is a good one, and in fact quite a few would envy my position, but not me. I'm a deeper enigma than most realise, and if you only scratch the surface you may be surprised by what you find inside.
I've never been able to associate myself with the romantics, who constantly aim for the ideal and lose themselves in the positives of life. Unlike them, I accept the realities of life, and I don't ignore the bitter side of human existence.
Sometimes I wish for the same ideals of the romantics, but whenever that happens, I spring back to myself, reminded of times when my hopes of the same were shattered bitterly. I am not like the normal teenager...I don't have the same hopes and aspirations of the normal teenager. But sometimes, I wish I was like that. To lose all desire for the things which appeal to teenager can be painful, because I find myself not being able to connect with the people around me. It's a bad thing to happen.
There's so much more to me than people realise.

1 Comments:

Blogger Trish. said...

there's no such thing as a normal teenager.
but i really like your blog. its the sort of blog that you want to keep reading- properly, each and every word- instead of just skimming through.

10:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home