Saturday, February 17, 2007

General stuff

Simply reading and writing are two things which I like doing. There aren't too many people I know who'll tell you the same, because among a vast majority of people my age, you'd be lucky to find someone who reads anything beyond the words that appear on TV and on orkut.
I find more pleasure in reading a good book than in hanging around with a group of my friends. That's perhaps one of the reasons why I spend more time on the former, although on the few occasions I hang out I have awesome fun. You need your personal space, doing something by yourself. Nowadays, when nobody has enough time in life, I use my time reading, writing or listening to music.
In fact, I love spending my time in 4 ways - by reading a book, listening to some good music, writing and watching plays or films. Plays are less frequent, because a good play is not often onstage. I love watching movies, though, and of late I've also been coming up with ideas for short films. I started work on a short film screenplay recently, let's see how that turns out.
Music is not something I can do without...and whether I'm on the comp, in a car or at CCD, I must have some music playing. Without it, I don't quite feel at ease. I like to play my classic rock numbers...occasionally I drop in some other stuff. Recently I've also acquired a liking for some modern rock numbers.
I used to write a lot of short stories earlier, but recently my writing interests took a different turn. I'm working on a script right now, along with the screenplay I earlier mentioned. This way two interests of mine have come together - dramatics and writing. The writing and directing aspect of theatre is one I have some interest in...I hope that I manage to progress with it.
Currently I'm reading The Catcher In The Rye by J.D. Salinger. Although I've just begun it, I already love it and I can identify a little with the narrator and protagonist Holden Caulfield.
I really want to see Black Friday. I've heard a lot about the movie, and I'm aching to watch it. Another movie I'd like to catch sometime is Eklavya. Not because of the Amitabh Bachchan's finest role crap, but because I've heard that Vidhu Vinod Chopra's handling of it is masterful. The problem is, however, the fact that exams are coming up, from 2nd March.
Let's see how it all turns out.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

have you read the fountainhead by ayn rand...if you haven't then its a must read...i relate to the main character howard roark in that book..

8:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

shayak...
dont know if you will read this post...hope you do...
yes- there are to many people doing nothing at all and believing that they are doing something...
orkut gets to me. so ive left. and reading is something i do lots of....
writing too...
how was ur Power of one poem for creation...?? must have been good...know u write well...u finished pretty fast though...
good to see that there are people who have still kept there sincerity and spontaneity intact...good to see that there are still guys like you...

from a scorpion soul

4:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home