Monday, February 05, 2007

Reflections

The unfortunate demise of Udbhav Poddar yesterday brought upon me a wave of reflection on life, and the way it is led by us. We were all shocked by the news, and many of us felt a strange feeling after hearing of his passing, that the same could have happened to any one of us. It makes you realise how drastically things can change in life.
When I look around our class now, there'll be one less familiar face in the seats on the other side. Death by itself is not something unusual for any of us, but for someone to be taken away in youth is a tragic occurence.
I may have proceeded on life as usual, but I was only reflecting on what had happened. I turned to Pink Floyd, and once again, I found in their songs the comfort I had been seeking. It was particularly in the song "Shine On You Crazy Diamond" that I found solace after thinking of the wretched end of Udbhav.
"Remember when you were young
You shone like the sun
Shine on you, crazy diamond"
Life is a precious gift. It is not in our control when this gift will be taken away from us...but what is in our control is what we do with it. Do we cherish it, and take the best out of it? Or do we misuse it, and regret having ever had it? That is the choice that we have to make.
Farewell...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

udbhav died due to his own misfortune...if the correct person would have drven the car maybe this incident would have never come to pass....

9:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

goparamgo.spaces.live.com
forgot to paste my adress on comment

9:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home